20110112

3Mendously Worthwhile

My experience with 3M Phlippines has definitely left me with a lot of  lessons and values learned that I may carry on to school and my future professional career as well. learning new programming language and environments were probably the most essential thing I understood about the workplace not to mention camaraderie between workmates and professionalism.

The first day of my experience it 3M was sure frightening because I probably had no idea how i will adapt to it especially since I have no prior knowledge to the language I was going to use with my programming there. Then, there it was, I was given a project to do with macro excel and lotusnotes on my first week. I literally had no idea what I was doing but with help by my co-interns, supervisor, and of course Google, I was able to get through my first real job. It didn't take long for the inevitable to happen and I was given much more difficult tasks such as enhancing different databases with the special mention of the Electronic Price Pages. The enhancement of the said project was probably my main project as an intern in 3M. There were a lot of changes in the course of the coding of the project until the initialization and implementation of the project. A lot of debugging too but it was worth the effort to get the feeling of accomplishment knowing I was able to get the job done and running.

Nearing the end of my days as an intern in 3M, I was working mostly on maintaning the EPS database, making minor modifications with other databases, uploading PAs in as400 and teaching the new interns whom was suppossed to replace us on how to use Lotus notes, macro excel and all the stuff I did while I was under the said company.

I did learn a lot of things under the supervision of 3M Philippines. I learn't how to program with Excel in which I didn't know  was possible until I started working in the company, I learned to use the Lotus Notes database system and how to program in domino designer with a foreign language in which i had no prior knowledge of. I learned how to be professional in the workplace and how to get along with fellow employees. Finally the most important thing is that I learned how to learn which is probably the foundation of adapting in any area.  

ainzley
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment