20110115

Nats

I was asked a couple of nights ago if I knew how to write a poem and if I can write her one. Actually, the answer to that question is no. I can't really make any good poems or anything near that sort of field. Many tells me I excel in expository and technical writing, things I learned from my writing professor in college, it's only a sad thing his leaving the institution. Anyway, back on topic, I did in fact grant her request even though I was doubtful on the quality of my work but at least I tried right? Wrong! The word "at least" is such an insulting word. It denotes that you've been taken for granted. So, here's another try on a poem, inspired and dedicated to the same person I did the first one on.....a new friend I never expected to be, a new friend I never imagine to have, a new friend I'm lucky to have, and a new friend I'm surely glad to have.

Nats
The voice I hear inside my head
The girl I see inside my mind
The motivation that I need
The reason I'm writing this rhyme

With grizzled eyes, I see
Holding back to purr your smile
With anticipation within me
To come forth this sweetness high

In a moment of heavenly touch
Every moment in which you speak
Only your voice is heard as much
For my ears are in need to seek

Never should be in disregard
Like the breath we breathe for granted
For you are the piece of shard
In which lives are seemingly brightened

If you lose faith in you
You have no need to pretend
I'm here to pull you through
For nothing else is a friend



ainzley
2011

No comments:

Post a Comment